Accounts Payable Specialist
TerrameraVancouver, BC19 days ago
We are seeking a result-driven and self-motivated Accounts Payable Specialist to administer accurate payables and payment processing, and support a range of other finance and accounting related activities in a dynamic environment. Reporting to the Controller, the successful candidate will work closely with other members of the Finance team, as well as liaise with internal stakeholders across the Company. This position will work remotely based in Vancouver, BC.
To achieve accuracy and efficiency in all accounts payable transactions involving all stakeholders, all the while adhering to multiple deadlines and acting with integrity and confidentiality.
- Receive and organize invoices and required support from vendors
- Matching invoicing to procurement records, routing invoices for manager approval and resolving discrepancies with internal and external parties as appropriate
- Perform accounts payable data entries in SAP and reconcile vendor accounts
- Prepare weekly payment summaries and cheque runs
- Support procurement process for company with documents and communications
- Reconcile employee expense reimbursement reports with receipts
- Manage corporate credit cards and reconcile for month’s end
- Generate regular key reporting for different audiences
- Manage key systems and related dashboards related to AP and procurement metrics
- Assist in investigating unusual transactions and reconciling differences
- Participate in ad-hoc departmental continuous improvement projects
- Manage regular banking for cheques and deposit deposits on a timely basis
- Perform other duties as required from time to time related to support of the Accounting & Finance Department
- 2+ years of related experience in accounts payable
- Diploma or Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Excellent computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel
- Experience and understanding of accounting software
- Inquisitive by nature
- Good judgement skills and instincts, matching with attention to accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and closely within a team
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Act in a proactive manner to anticipate shifting priorities and pivots
- Ability to multitask while effectively performing under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- Excellent organizational and project coordination skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Vancouver, BC, Canada; Remote
WHO WE ARE
Terramera is a cleantech leader focused on fusing AI, science and nature to create revolutionary technologies that transform how we grow food and solve other world-scale challenges. With its Actigate™ Targeted Performance technology and mission to unlock the intelligence in nature to ensure a world that thrives and provides for everyone, Terramera is committed to reducing global synthetic chemical loads in agriculture by 80 percent while increasing global farm productivity by 20 percent by 2030. The privately held company was founded in 2010 and has grown to include a world-class bench of engineers, scientists, advisors and investors. Terramera is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, has integrated operations that include research labs, robotics workshop, greenhouse and farm, and has more than 200 patents in its IP portfolio.
Our success begins with our people. We’re looking for A-Players who are passionate about making a difference as we are and thrive in environments that are dynamic, challenging and rewarding. Join our movement, as we set a new standard and change the world together as a highly dedicated, innovative, future-focused and solutions-oriented team.
Terramera offers a generous compensation package covering base salary, unlimited paid vacation, options, bonus plan, extended health benefits, paid professional development activities, home office equipment, and other attractive elements.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on Terramera, please visit our website at www.terramera.com
Terramera is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.